POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my planet 2nd try : Re: my planet 2nd try Server Time
2 Oct 2024 04:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my planet 2nd try
From: ryan constantine
Date: 7 Jun 2000 23:06:31
Message: <393F0EA4.153F7337@yahoo.com>
David Fontaine wrote:

> Realistically the dark side should be pitch black, but this is a great
> improvement. Besides, artistic license...

i was thinking about that and i don't think it is completely black.
almost, sure, but not all.  consider this: when there's no moon out or
it's a new moon, and you are in the middle of nowhere, you can still see
enough to walk around and not kill yourself by falling off a cliff or
something.  Plus, artistic license like you said.  i'm still going to
try and tweak it though.  i'm trying out a circular area light with
orient activated as well as parallel.  the size and distance are that of
our sun.  we'll see how it turns out.  i think i read somewhere that pov
and megapov don't like really big and really small numbers in the same
scene.  so, if i have the planet and the sun with realistic numbers, how
can i add spaceships of realistic size?